Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fox Hollow Farm


Earlier this month, Millie and I discovered this amazing farm/equestrian center in Issaquah. I had been googling for things to do in our area and stumbled across their website. The farm is open to the public only one day a month. The morning that we planned to go was so cold and it even started snowing! But we decided to stick it out and go anyway. Boy are we glad we did!

I think Millie's favorite was holding the bunnies. She really liked the duck too. She followed us all over the barn.

Millie is hard at work brushing the minature horse.

Here we get in a quick pet with a much larger horse.

My favorite were these cute baby ducks. I wanted to take one home! Upstairs in the barn, Millie got to visit with some Maine Coon cats, go for a swing in the hayloft and we discovered hen eggs all over the place!

The best part of this trip was that Millie and I were the only ones there that day. No one else wanted to venture out in the nasty weather. But it was pretty nice and sheltered in the barn, we had a "private" tour from the ladies working inside and can't wait to go back next month!

No comments: